In its 5th series, Securing Asia 2016 will open an international platform to discuss and debate the rising aspirations and challenges to building ‘Smart, Secure and Sustainable Cities’.
Countries around the world are preparing for greater urbanisation as more and more people move to the cities in search of livelihood and a better quality of life. This trend is creating challenges of security, pressure on urban infrastructure, law and order, housing, healthcare, sanitation, water, waste and transportation, along with opportunities to address them.
To explore these challenges and the opportunities Securing Asia will bring a solution providers and policymakers, global thought leaders from the academia, public and private sectors will talk on the latest technologies, best practices and trends through the following topics.
– The road towards Smart and Sustainable Cities
– Sustainable and Resilient Development
– Water and Waste Management, Water Security
– New and Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, Energy Storage
– Smart Grid- evolution, implementation, technology, policy and regulation
– Cyber Security and Grid Security – emerging threats and trends, cyber terrorism and cyber crime
– Resilient Critical Infrastructures – future-proof assets against shocks and attacks
– Physical Security Technology Solutions
– Smart Transportation and Intelligent Mobility
– Smart Healthcare – embracing new technologies e.g. wearable technology; design and plan
– Global Experience and Case Studies
The summit will focus on networking, trade, investment, partnership and joint venture opportunities along with sharing knowledge, case studies, best practices, market intelligence, trends, innovation and solutions.