Reduce Cardiovascular & Chemical Exposure. This online training course, based on a large-scale comprehensive research study is designed to help you better understand the health issues associated with fireground activities and provide tactical considerations that may increase your effectiveness while decreasing risk to hazardous exposures and reduce Cardiovascular/Chemical Exposure.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize how thermal and chemical exposures on the fireground can have an impact on your health as a firefighter.
- Relate tactical choices and conditions on the fireground to possible cardiovascular and chemical exposure risks.
- Examine how firefighting operations may impact potential trapped occupant exposure and survivability.
- Discover how firefighting assignments and activities on the fireground can influence physiological responses.
- Develop ways to reduce exposure by using evidence-based techniques and decontamination methods on turnout gear and skin.
Click here to check out the course.