LEADER Firefighting Wyes
LEADER Firefighting Wyes have been specifically designed from LEADER FiberTech® composite material to highly decrease the weight of these fire equipment. It is a great alternative to aluminium alloy or brass as it now gives firefighters much more ease to transport and manipulate wyes (well known heavy).
LEADER WYES COMBINES SOME STRENGHTS AND MAKE THE DIFFERENCE:
- Huge weight reduction thanks to their FiberTech® material conception :
- Up to 60% compared to aluminium wyes
- Up to 70% compared to brass wyes
- Anticorrosion for use with foam concentrates or in saline environment
- Very low friction losses
- Good handling
LEADER WYES ARE MADE OF LEADER FIBERTECH® COMPOSITE
Firefighters now have the choice of a new material: the FiberTech® composite. Always at the cutting edge, LEADER is introducing into the design of its branches parts in composite materials with properties equal or better than those of ordinary materials.
The composite is a material consisting of:
– a reinforcement – in this case glass fibres – which provides most of the material’s mechanical properties, and a matrix which acts as a binder.
The composite perfectly replaces metal alloys and is already used in many fields: automotive industry, aerospace, weapons ….
THE LEADER FIBERTECH® COMPOSITE CHALLENGES ALUMINIUM AND BRASS!
LEADER FiberTech® composite strenghts are many compared with brass and aluminium:
- Far lighter than brass and lighter than aluminium alloy
- Equal in terms of mechanical strength and durability to aluminium alloy
- Stronger resistance to corrosion compared to aluminium alloy and bronze:
in saline environments
in use with foam concentrates
- Equal to aluminium alloy for resistance to chemicals
- Thermal resistance: No deformation of the mass at high temperatures (unlike aluminium)
- Thermal insulation: The material naturally insulates the user from the cold
- Electrical insulation: Better protection for the nozzle operator
- FiberTech® composite body material
- Integral passage way ball valve for very low pressure losses
- 1/4 turn ball valve
- Ergonomic handles for easy opening/closing
- Carrying handle
- Stabilisation feet
- Screws and axis made of stainless steel
- Coupling on request (DSP, Storz…)Any type of threading on request (BSP, NH, GFR…)
- Swivel inlet on request
- Warranty: 5 years
Fill out the form below and we will contact you with further details on this product and its manufacture..
Other products from LEADER
LEADER Group is an innovative company in its own right, developing, manufacturing and distributing higher performing equipment used in fire fighting and search and rescue applications.