The Magirus IMPACT X4 Airport Fire Engine combines proven solutions with innovative technologies, resulting in an all-rounder with highly specialised skills. This airport fire-fighting vehicle is specially designed as a rapid intervention vehicle to be used stand alone in small category airports or in combination with other ARFF vehicles. It combines a compact size with a wide range of applications. The Impact series is based on large-scale truck series components that have proven themselves thousands of times over in service and which have been modified to meet requirements of this special application:
- Motors in the power range of up to 560 HP (412 kW) for the fastest operational readiness
- Euro 3 and Euro 5 emission technologies
- Allison automatic transmission or ZF EuroTronic automated manual transmission for comfortable and easy driving
- Single tyres for optimal off-road capability
Superstructure, extinguishing technology and control electronics are perfectly matched to the chassis and are part of the vehicle’s comprehensive design, offering a reliable, mission orientated vehicle.
Magirus IMPACT X4 Airport Fire Engine Superstructure
- Water tank capacity: from 2,500 up to 4,500 litres – made of G.R.P., 5,000 or 5,400 on special request
- Foam tank capacity: min. 12 % of the water tank volume; made of G.R.P
- Dry powder: 250 kg, available as alternative CO2: 120 l
- Pump capacity: 3,200 l/m / 4,500 l/m / 5,400 l/m at 10 bar according to driving system
- Foam proportioning system: Magirus automatic, around the pump
- Roof turret: water and foam or water, foam and powder, output from 2,000 up to 4,500 l/m
- Bumper monitor (option): water and foam or water, foam and powder, output from 900 up to 1,200 l/min, powder 7 – 9 kg/sec
- Ground self-protection sprinkler system
Fire pump driving system
The IMPACT range offers a different system depending on customer needs:
- IMPR-M (Magirus pump & roll) mechanical, via P.T.O. and modulating clutch, with ZF or Allison gearbox
- IMPR-H (Magirus pump & roll) hydrostatic system with Allison gearbox
Auxiliary IVECO diesel engine with different gearbox types (depending on operational weight and gearbox chosen)
- All the above systems allow pump discharging while the vehicle is standing or moving (pump & roll operations).
Advantages & special features of the IMPACT X4
The airport fire-fighting vehicle Magirus IMPACT X4 is based on proven series components of the IVECO heavy truck ranges and Magirus fire-fighting equipments. All of these components allow easy servicing and low cost maintenance operations. The modular product range allows different versions in accordance to customer request and to ICAO and NFPA norms.