- Dates: 24/05/2023 > 25/05/2023
- Venue: Crowne Plaza, Stratford-upon-Avon,UK
- Event Website: www.hazmatevent.com
NCEC’s Hazmat Conference is now well established as the ‘must-go’ annual event for chemical incident response professionals in the fire and safety industry. This two-day symposium draws upon the knowledge and experience of a broad range of hazmat professionals and industry leaders, including NCEC’s emergency responders and chemical experts.
Attending Hazmat 2023 will help you keep up to date with hazardous materials response, chemical exposure monitoring, emergency planning, and developments in legislation and technology. This event is the best opportunity for you to deepen your understanding of these issues and, more importantly, provides practical ways to address them through:
- Networking and sharing best practices with like-minded professionals working in the chemical incident industries.
- Learning from hazmat professionals and industry leaders.
- Watching presentations given by internationally recognised speakers in their respective fields.
- Learning from case study examples.
- Participating in practical workshops.
Speakers from previous years have included:
- Peter Gustafson, Hazmat Lead from London Fire Brigade — presented on ‘Hydrogen – the fuel of the future’
- Chris Singer, Consultant from Resilience Advisors Network — reviewed recent events and questioned whether current initial operational response practices were adequate considering emerging threats
- Gert Van Bortel, Vice President of BASF — case study of Wetteren rail car incident involving acrylonitrile
- Colonel Denis Giordan, CTIF – International Association of Fire & Rescue Services and Savoie Fire Department France — presented on IAEA Manual for first responders to a radiological revision
- Mark Walchester, Staffordshire Fire & Rescue Service – case study of Individual Chemical Exposure (ICE) Incident
Feedback from previous years
‘Excellent 2 days updating us on the latest equipment and techniques as well as a great opportunity to network and share learning.’ – Delegate from Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service
‘Thank you for the last couple of days. I walk away motivated to improve my organisation in Hazmat.’ – Delegate from County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service
‘The premier hazmat event, focusing on relevant and current topics.’ – Delegate from London Fire Brigade
The NCEC team at Ricardo comprises chemical risk and regulatory experts who provide support to emergency services, governments and organisations across the globe to help them reduce the local and national impacts of chemical incidents on people and the environment. The services offered by NCEC’s team include hazardous material training, level 1 telephone emergency response services and Chemdata® – a multilingual, interactive chemical hazard database.
Event Organiser: NCEC
Telephone Number: +44 (0) 1235 753654
Email Address: email@example.com
Event Website: www.hazmatevent.com