Fomtec Enviro Class A supplied by Dafo Fomtec
Fomtec Enviro Class A is a novel blend of high activity hydrocarbon surfactants, selected for their environmental profile, solvents and stabilizers, for use on class A fuel fires and smaller class B fires. Enviro Class A does not contain any fluorinated surfactants or polymers (PFAS) or other organohalogens. Enviro Class A does not contain any hazardous substances and does not require any special labelling when transported.
- Approved by United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Forest Service and QPL (qualified products List) listed
- Independently tested for toxicity on mammals, fish and algae
- 100% biodegradable
- Usage 0.1-1% with excellent wetting properties
- Readily mixable, easy to use in field
Enviro Class A provides excellent extinguishments of class A fires by providing deep penetration of the water into the burning material and an insulating foam blanket. Even at low concentrations it provides a strong wetting effect. Enviro Class A is also suited for smaller class B fires. Enviro Class A can be used with both aspirating and non-aspirating discharge devices. It is compatible with all dry chemical powders.
- Appearance Clear – yellowish liquid
- Specific gravity at 20°C – 1,02 +/- 0.01 g/ml
- Viscosity at 20°C – ≤ 30 mPas
- pH – 6,5 – 8,5
- Freezing point – -4°C
- Recommended storage temperature – -4 – 55°C
- Surface tension – ≤ 29,0 mN/m
Recommended proportioning ratio
- Fomtec Enviro Class A can be proportioned by use of conventional proportioning equipment.
- Helicopter Bucket 0.3% – 0.5%
- Aspirating nozzle 0.3% – 0.5%
- Non-aspirating nozzle 0.3% – 0.6%
- Compressed air foam system (CAFS) 0.1% -0.5%
- Aspirated foam on small class B fires 1%-3%
The % may vary depending on the quality of the foam blanket required.
Fire performance & Foaming
Enviro Class A has been designed to be applied as a Wetting Agent as well as a Class A fire extinguishing agent and can be effective if proportioned from 0,1% to 1,0% according to requirements. The foaming properties are depending on equipment used and other variables such as water and ambient temperatures. Average expansion at 1% 7:1, average ¼ drainage time 02:00 minutes using UNI 86 test nozzle.
Enviro Class A can be used in:
- Fire extinguishers
- Handline Branchpipes and Nozzles
- Helicopter Buckets
- Foam systems
- CAFS systems
Contact the Fomtec sales team with questions. For material compatibility please refer to Fomtec Technical Advices FTA 20 addressing the topic.
Enviro Class A is a non-hazardous, biodegradable substance formulated using raw materials specially selected for their fire performance and their environmental profile. The product is totally free from fluorinated surfactants and polymers and other organohalogens, and therefore it does not contain any PFAS. The handling of spills of concentrate or foam solutions should however be undertaken according to local regulations. Normally sewage systems can dispose foam solution based on this type of foam concentrate, but local sewage operators should be consulted. Full details will be found in the Material Safety Datasheet (MSDS). For more detailed information please consult Fomtec Technical Advices FTA 40.
Stored in original unbroken packaging the product will have a long shelf life. Shelf life in excess of 10 years will be found in temperate climates. As with all foams, shelf life will be depen-dent on storage temperatures and conditions.
For storage recommendations and material compatibility please refer to our Fomtec Technical Advices FTA 10 addressing the topic.
The foam concentrate should be tested annually. The testing should be made by a suitable laboratory for analysis of foam concentrates and should measure: pH, specific gravity, expan-sion, drainage time. Storage containers should be inspected and reevaluated for the suitability of the storage location in regard to temperature fluctuations (temperature should be as stable as possible). Exposure to direct sunlight should be avoided.
We supply this product in 25 litre or 5 US gallon cans, 200 litre or 55 US gallon drums, and 1000 litre or 265 US gallon IBC containers. Larger bulk supply is available against special request.
- Qualified Products Listed (QPL) by US Forest Service in accordance to Forest Service Specification 5100-307a
- Tested by UL to the ASTM E1321 – Lateral Ignition & Flame Spread Apparatus Testing (LIFT TEST)
- Conforms to NFPA 18 and NFPA 1150 and NFPA 1145
Fomtec Enviro Class A supplied by Dafo Fomtec
To receive more details please complete the request form below.
Other products by Dafo Fomtec