In cooperation with Dr. Sthamer H2K organizes an annual Foam School. The Foam School will take place from June 7th to 11th 2021 on the training centre in Vernon France. This former refinery site, with all its utilities was transformed in a well-equipped centre for realistic training of credible industrial incidents.
The Foam School is accredited by the not-for-profit JOIFF organisation. (www.JOIFF.com) The training has been especially designed for those who have to deal with or have responsibility for emergency response in case of large-scale flammable liquid firefighting but also for insurance company personnel and fire engineers to gain more insight into fixed and mobile foam systems.
The Foam School is a blend of theory, workshops, demonstrations and practical firefighting. The training is provided by instructors from H2K and Dr. Sthamer.
Included in the training program are the following topics:
- New developments and insights on foam systems, fire fighting foams and polar solvents
- NFPA 11: Standard for Low-, Medium-, and High-expansion Foam
- EN 1568: Fire extinguishing media, foam concentrates, specification for low expansion foam concentrates for surface application to water-immiscible liquids
- EN 13565: Fixed firefighting systems, foam systems, design and construction and maintenance
- Foam selection: testing, rating, storage and stability and international standards
- Fire fighting foams: fluor free foam concentrates, C6 foam concentrates, legislation and good practises
- Incident scenarios at atmospheric tanks and bunded areas
- Lessons learned
- Demos of fire fighting response with fixed foam systems
- Practical training
The practical training will include training of real onsite tank fire, fire in a bunded area, onsite tank fire, hydrocarbon jet fires and a large-scale ethanol pool fire.The foam school is a 5-day event commencing on Monday at dinnertime. Friday is a travelling day also.
H2K Training provides a broad portfolio of practical training courses for firefighting personnel. Our courses aim to further develop knowledge and skills of members of an Emergency Response Organisation, using credible and recognisable training scenarios. All our courses can be taught and trained both ‘in-company’ and on training centres. H2K cooperates with training centres throughout The Netherlands, Belgium and France. Through these partnerships H2K has the possibility to provide a wide variety of training scenarios at each level under any desired circumstances or environment.
For more information visit www.h2k.nl/en/training/