- Dates: 00/00/2021 > 00/00/2021
- Venue: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Event Website: firesinvehicles.com/
RISE Safety (Fire Research) are pleased to announce the 6th International Conference on Fires in vehicles will be held in 2021.
FIVE Fire in Vehicles. The objective of this conference is to exchange knowledge concerning fires in vehicles, including road, off-road and rail vehicles. In recognition of the fact that many of the fire problems faced by these vehicles are the same, the solutions to them
can also be similar.
FIVE will bring together scientists, regulators, test engineers, industry, suppliers, insurance companies and other organisations from the diverse field of transportation to discuss important fire issues. The objective of the FIVE conference is to exchange knowledge of fires in vehicles, including both road and rail vehicles. In recognition of the fact that many of the fire problems faced by these vehicles are the same, the solutions to them can also be similar. This exchange of knowledge will significantly enhance economic and safe solutions – sustainable solutions – to problems in the fire area. At the previous FIVE in Baltimore, USA 2016 we had over 160 delegates from 18 countries.
The following Key Note speakers in 2016 were:
– Casey C. Grant, Executive Director the Fire Protection Research Foundation, (non-profit organization that works with the National Fire Protection Association as its research affiliate)
– Thomas Littleton, Associate Administrator for Safety and Oversight, Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
– Mike Weston, Director of Buses, Transport for London
– Jonas Brandt, SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden
All delegates will receive a complete electronic version of the conference proceedings in their delegate package on a USB stick. For those who prefer a printed version there is a possibility to purchase that by ticking this option when registering. New for this year is that we will have a pre-registration with poster session..