BarriAire Gold PBarriAire Silver Particulate Hood Critical Coverage supplied by PGI Safety
Extended Bib with Nomex® Nano Flex Face Opening
Particulate coverage from base of the neck and around entire head except for Sure‑Fit™ panel at crown. All critical areas of particulate penetration as identified by NFPA have particulate barrier. UL Classified to NFPA 1971 Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition. Certification to the NFPA 1971, 2018 Edition Option for Particulate Protection – Current Edition.
BarriAire Silver Laminate FR Composite: An innovative lamination process, which covers only 50% of the material, allows for great air permeability and flexibility. The pore matrix created by the Nomex® Nano Flex fiber allows moisture absorption 2½ times faster than PTFE laminates. The materials and lamination process creates a fabric that has unparalleled particulate efficiency, comfort and protection.
Para-Tek FR Rib Knit: PGI’s proprietary tri-blend of Lenzing FR®, high strength para-aramid and high tenacity nylon. This superb flame resistant fiber combination offers an outstanding TPP rating, arc flash protection and excellent moisture absorbency.
One size fits most
- Three layers of proven Nomex® FR fabrics for excellent heat, flame and thermal resistance with improved tensile and tear strength for longer wear life.
- BarriAire™ Silver Hoods combine two layers of industry leading Nomex® FR fabric and a middle layer of ultra‑lightweight, DuPont™ Nomex® Nano Flex fabric, which can inhibit penetration of many small size harmful particles.
- PGI laminated BarriAire™ composite fabrics recently achieved Viral Filtration Efficiency (VFE) Rating of 99.7% and Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) Rating of 99.9%.*
- Innovative gravure lamination process, which covers only 50% of the material and supports improved air permeability and flexibility.
- The pore matrix created by the Nomex® Nano Flex fiber allows moisture absorption 2½ times faster than PTFE laminates.
- The materials and lamination process create a composite fabric that is stable and has unparalleled particulate efficiency, comfort and protection.
- Exceeds industry standards of blocking 90% of particles between 0.1 and 1.0 microns in size.
- Built-in stretch and recovery, to better conform to the head and neck for true one size fits all sizing.
- Stylish silver color allows you to detect when the hood’s soiled and needs cleaning.
- Fabric is inherently static resistant.
- Generous cut with a little “ease” built into the design so the hood doesn’t fit skin tight — creates a layer of air between the hood and head which improves thermal resistance from flame and heat.
- Enhanced stitching, with major seams flat seamed stitch assembled.
- Extra-long length (23″) front and back, ensures hood stays tucked‑in even after laundry shrinkage.
- UL Certified thermal patch label facilitates tracking and identification through barcoding, sequential numbering and personalization.
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971 Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting — Current Edition.
- Certification to the NFPA 1971, 2018 Edition Option for Particulate Protection — Current Edition.
- *As conducted by Nelson Labs, U.S.A.
Fluorescent Aerosol Screening Test
FAST UV-light photographs without Nomex® Nano Flex (left) and with Nomex® (right) illustrating after particle exposure for the test subject’s head and neck; bright yellow areas show were particles penetrated the ensemble.
High Magnification Fiber Comparison
Nomex® Nano Flex is an elastic nonwoven made of submicron continuous and inherently flame-resistant fibers. It is thinner and lighter weight than typical nonwoven materials. Nomex® Nano Flex is highly breathable and combines exceptional elasticity with superior particulate blocking performance.
BarriAire™ Particulate Barrier Technology products offer more protection, comfort and value. BarriAire™ particulate products combine two layers of proven flame resistant fabric and a middle layer of ultra-lightweight DuPont™ Nomex® Nano Flex fabric which blocks penetration of 96% (BarriAire™ Gold quilted composite) to 98.8% (BarriAire™ Silver laminated composite) of harmful submicron size particulates. BarriAire™ Gold quilted composite fabrics recently achieved Viral Filtration Efficiency (VFE) Rating of 96.8% and Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) Rating of 97.9%. BarriAire™ Silver laminated composite fabrics recently achieved VFE Rating of 99.7% and BFE Rating of 99.9% (VFE and BFE testing as conducted by Nelson Labs, U.S.A.).
BarriAire Silver Particulate Hood Critical Coverage supplied by PGI Safety
Telephone: +44 (0) 1772 379 949 Email: Click to email Website: Click to visit website
To receive more details please complete the request form below.
Other products by PGI Safety