Fomtec Balder PO Supplied by Dafo Fomtec
Balder is a 2½” monitor for portable use. It is self-oscillating and powered by water flowing through a special oscillating mechanism. Balder automatically sweeps from side to side. The speed of the sweeps and the elevation could be manually set and also be varied during operation.
It is also possible to use the monitor without the oscillation and manually adjust the stream within 180° angle. Balder has a water inlet with a 2½” BSP thread. For flows above 1,500 liters it is equipped with a double inlet.
The pipes are cast in anodized aluminium. Parts which are vital for the correct functions, such as swivels are in stainless steel. Innovative piping technology minimizes turbulence and frictional pressure losses. Balder is compact and weighs only 10.6 kg.
- Usable with river and seawater
- The self-cleaning filter protects oscillating valve
- Adjustable oscillating speed and elevation
- Automatic oscillation
- Runs with water or foam
- Works at low temperatures
- Low-pressure drop
The fire hose should be connected and put in a circle around the monitor. If two fire hoses are used one of them should be connected and put into a circle. The fire hose stabilizes the monitor. The two spikes and the water inlet at the front compensate the reaction forces, and keeps Balder standing alone. Adjust the elevation and the speed of oscillation. Balder works at low temperatures also at the lowest speed of oscillation.
- Fire brigades
- Petrochemical plants
- Tank farms
- Loading areas
- Chemical plants
- Protein based foams
- AFFF foams
- AFFF ARC foams
- Multi-purpose foam
- Fluorine free foams
- Max. water flow (1 inlet / 2 inlets) – 1,500 / 2,500 lpm
- Sweep range – Max. 40/min.
- Oscillating angle – 60°
- Elevation – +25° – +80°
- Water inlet – 1 x 2½” / 2 x 2½”, BSP M thread
- Water outlet – 2½” BSP M thread
- Material – Anodised aluminium
- Length – 440 mm
- Height – 390 mm
- Width – 330 mm
- Weight – 10.6 kg
- Part no. – 20-3100-00, 20-3100-01 (2 inlets)
Double inlet for flows above 1,500 liters/min.
- Freja nozzles 500, 1,000, 1,500, 2,000 and 2,500 lpm
- Frigg aspirated foam branch pipe in stainless steel up to 2,000 lpm
- As above with self-induction
Balder range monitors are designed and developed to be user friendly and is manufactured according to internal ISO procedures.
Fomtec Balder PO supplied by Dafo Fomtec
To receive more details please complete the request form below.
Other products by Dafo Fomtec