MSA‘s industry-leading ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector with snag-free integrated pump is built upon durability. With XCell Sensor technology, the ALTAIR 5X detector has delivered advanced safety and cost savings for thousands of satisfied customers worldwide.
For users who need to reliably monitor for Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC), the ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector is now available with an integrated PID sensor. By including a PID in the proven 1-6 gas ALTAIR 5X platform, VOC detection can now be done with a lighter, less bulky and more durable instrument than other PID offerings. Customers will continue to benefit from the fast sensor response of MSA XCell combustible, toxic and oxygen sensors currently used in the ALTAIR 5X. In addition, VOC detection can now be fully integrated into customer instrument fleets using the GALAXY GX2 Test Stand and MSA Link Pro Fleet Management software infrastructure.
Coming soon our new ALTAIR 5X PID Multigas Detector offers these exclusive features:
- Compact, comfortable and light at only 450g! No issue wearing it all day long
- Survive multiple incidental drops of 3 meters onto concrete
- Very fast sensor response & clear times < 15 seconds for common sensor configurations
- Typical sensor life > 4 years for most XCell and IR sensors
- Approval agency-certified IP 65 rating
- Rechargeable battery with 13H autonomy
- Exclusive MotionAlert and InstantAlert additional safety alarms
- Multilingual capabilities: 18 languages available
- Library of 125 built-in-reference factors and customized RF can be added for more flexibility
- Numerous additional exotic sensors available to cover all your detection needs
- Bluetooth connectivity will allow customers to leverage existing infrastructure improving both safety and productivity at their pace
- MSA’s standard instrument warranty including sensors and rechargeable battery is 3 years (LEL, O2, CO, H2S, SO2, NO2 XCell sensors and IR), with a 2-year warranty on NH3 and Cl2 XCell sensors. No manufacturer on the market offers such long and complete warranties!
For further information please contact your local MSA affiliate, ALTAIR5XPID@MSAsafety.com or visit MSAsafety.com.